Saturday, January 8, 2011

The 12 days of Christmas is for the Birds:::

I choose a theme for our family Christmas every year... well this year 2011, I have chosen "the twelve days of Christmas" and I want our family to spend all or at least some of it in Branson MO, to celebrate my husband (Rev. T. Mark Peter)'s 50th b-day on December 20. I thought I would start researching the poem/song of the 12 days of Christmas and thought it interesting that so many of the days included birds. And so I got to thinking, well maybe ALL the gifts were birds originally. I did discover that indeed the 5 golden rings were birds, Golden ringneck Pheasants. So this sent me on a further search and though I couldn't find any more research that proved my theory - I did find that there ARE birds that could fit all of the other gifts as well. Instead of giving all my information here on this first blog, I will spread it out throughout the year.
I will take one bird per month, making the 12 days of Christmas, really the 12 months of Christmas... Making it a year long blog. I hope that you will enjoy it.
~Lisa Peter

I saw this picture of a bird posted on facebook last night. Not one of the birds of Christmas, but I might include other birds too throughout the blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment